Measure M will help build and maintain a 21st-century transportation network consisting of subway, light rail, bus rapid transit, bus and bike lanes across LA County with the goal of easing traffic congestion by offering people alternatives to driving. Measure M also will provide funding for local cities to repave and repair streets, sidewalks, and highways. Learn more here.
November is at our regularly scheduled meeting location, but on the second rather than first Monday of the months to accommodate the Union Street Cycletrack issue at City Council on 11/7.
- What: Pasadena CSC November Meeting
- Where: PBWS Architects, 234 East Colorado Boulevard (at Marengo), Suite 700
- When: Monday November 14th (7-8:30pm)
This month's agenda includes:
- Joaquin Siques from Pasadena DOT will update us on Pedestrian and Bicycle Safety Initiatives
- Art Center is working with the Complete Streets Coalition on how to make their new South Campus design even more bike and ped friendly
- Pasadena Police Department will be working with Stop4Aidan and the Complete Streets Coalition to educate motorists about pedestrian safety in 2017.
Save-the-Dates: NEXT MEETING DATES, LOCATIONS and TOPICS
- December 6, Holiday Potluck @ Misch Anderson's house
- January 9, Annual Agenda Setting meeting @ Ziegler residence
- February 6, Pasadena Superintendent of Forestry Kenneth Graham @ PBWS Architects
- March 6, Alan Loomis, Deputy Director of Urban Design & Mobility for the City of Glendale @ PBWS Architects
The Union Street Cycle Track / Protected Bike Lanes will be on the agenda at the Pasadena City Council on November 7. The Complete Streets Coalition has given their qualified support for this project. There is a lot of opposition to this project, which would be the first major protected infrastructure for cyclists in Pasadena. Come to Council Chambers at 100 Garfield Avenue on Monday, November 7th. Agenda will be available here on November 4th.
Pasadena City Council Considers Local Vision Zero Policy
On Monday, October 27, the Pasadena Complete Streets Coalition requested that the Pasadena City Council become a Vision Zero city. Council Members directed DOT staff to study the issue and return with a proposal. This is a great opportunity and a clear example of the CSC's leadership on the issue of Complete Streets in Pasadena! Local coverage in Pasadena Now and the WPRA Newsletter!
PasCSC Hosts Public Art Walking Tour
On October 15, the Pasadena Complete Streets Coalition sponsored a Public Art Tour of Pasadena by Meriel Stern, Arts and Culture Commissioner. About 20 people enjoyed learning more about Pasadena's public art, with an emphasis on ceramics.
PasCSC Stages Parklet for ArtNightPasadena
On October 21, the Pasadena Complete Streets Coalition created a Parklet for ArtNight Pasadena in front of Day One. We asked people "What would make you fall in love with your neighborhood again?" Participants selected options from icons arrayed around the board and literally tied them back to their neighborhood.
Community events for November
- November 3 (7pm) - DPNA Presents Railtown - Gamble Lounge, PasadenaPresbyterian Church, Madison and Colorado
- November 11 - 13 Craftsman Weekend with Pasadena Heritage
- November 20 (10am) - Pasadena Doo Dah Parade, East Colorado Blvd https://pasadenadoodahparade.info/
- Sat 11/12 (9am-3pm) - BEACH STREETS - Open Streets returns to downtown Long Beach - www.beachstreets.com
- Sat 11/19 (9:30am) - Petacular Bike Train and UCI Cyclecross, Legg Lake, South El Monte - www.bikesgv.org/biketrain.html
- Pasadena Cyclery holds Beginner's Rides every Sunday at 8:00 am
- Foothill Cycle Club hosts Easy and Moderate Group Rides every Sunday
- Pasadena Athletic Association (PAA) Cycling hosts monthly meet-and-greet rides, and highlights weekly local rec rides on their calendar. Non-members and cyclists of all levels are welcome! See also Facebook.
- Wednesday Night Outlaws Ride - meets weekly 9pm at Memorial Station, rolls out 9:30
- Team Luna Chix training rides are 5:45pm every Tuesday evening. All women, no- drop rides leave from Pasadena Cyclery.